Client: Construction Company ‘Neue Wege e.G.’ (Augsburg) (1999) | Area: Social Work & Social Risks, Evaluation & Accompanying Research
Main Interest |
The residential project “Neue Wege e.G.” is one of twelve projects of the state funding program “Offensive Zukunft Bayern” (“Active Future Bavaria”). The cooperative living project situated in Augsburg, district Prinz-Karl-Viertel, is not only characterized by an innovative, community-promoting and flexible architecture but also by its specific targets regarding an eco-friendly and cost-efficient construction.
The main interest was, on the one hand, to illustrate the key objectives (main idea) of the residential project via some kind of brochure. This should be adequate for use in public relations and for winning further participants.
Furthermore, a concept for the accompanying research should be created to monitor – after the acquisition of respective financial means – the development process of the project in its different project stages. In this context, the contracting institution was led by two key motivations: (1) Increasing transparency (specific use of scientific monitoring as a chance to promote the project) and (2) generating knowledge for solving potential conflicts during the development of the project.
- Structuring the existing material concerning the development and objects of the project
- Creation of a brochure about the project and its main objects (“project philosophy”)
- Accompanying research: creation of a concept
- Presentation of the results at the management board of the Baugenossenschaft Neue Wege e.G.
- Document analysis
- Interviews with initiators and future residents
- Literature research
Responsible | Dr. Kerstin Dressel, Dipl.-Soz. Sylvia Lustig, Dipl.-Soz. Astrid Manstetten, Prof. Dr. Patricia Pfeil