enable-Cluster for Food Research
Client: TU München im Rahmen des BMBF-Projekts (2015-2018) | Area: Health Research
Main Interest |
The enable food Cluster is one out of four German Clusters for nutrition and food research, funded by the German Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). Within “enable: A healthy food choice in all stages of life“ the SINE-Institute was subcontracted by the Technical University of Munich (TUM) in order to do the project management together with the Cluster speaker , Prof. Dr. Hans Hauner, Institute for Nutritions Research at the TUM. This task is performed by Dr. Kerstin Dressel, Managing Director at the SINE-Institute gGmbH.
The highly interdisciplinary enable Cluster aims at new strategies to develop healthier and tasty convenience foods with higher consumer acceptance for all stages of life, particular for groups at increased risk for diet-related diseases. In work package (WP) 1 consumers will be characterized in their food preferences, behaviours and metabolic conditions. The goal of WP 2 is to develop healthier foods with convenience food as a show-case. WP 3 will utilize novel Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) to provide and promote healthy eating options in a targeted manner by applying various nudging concepts. The enable Cluster thus provides the sustainable framework for science collaboration across a network of 39 partners from academia and industry in 23 projects. The cluster builds on unique research capacities and forms unusual alliances on the ‘cross-roads of sciences’ to explore the innovation potential of these alliances for consumers’ dietary needs along the specific stages of life. There is strong commitment within the enable Cluster to become a leading centre of nutrition research within Europe and beyond.
Tasks of SINE within enable include:
- To support of all coordination and organsation functions
- To provide for the central contact point for all Cluster members
- To plan and to organise Cluster meetings
- To support any kind of cooperation agreements within the Cluster
- To report to the funding organisation
- To control time and cost plans within the Cluster
- To implement young career development within the Cluster
- To perform conflict management, if necessary
- To perform internal and external Cluster communication
Responsible | Dr. Kerstin Dressel, (enable manager)