Accompanying Scientific Evaluation of the Pilot Project Phönix at the Bureau for Probationary Service of the Regional Court Munich I and II
Client: Bayerisches Staatsministerium der Justiz (2015-2017) | Area: Social Work & Social Risks, Evaluation and Accompanying Research, Consulting and Instruction of Social Scientific Research Methods
Phönix is a common project of the probationary service at the Regional Courts Munich I and II and the Regional Court Landshut, department Erding, aiming at the arrangement and implementation of appropirate relapse preventive measures for violent offenders. For further information regarding the project’s goals and contents see the “Kurzkonzept” and the Phönix-Flyer.
The accompanying evaluation focussed on indicating potentials and limits of single aspects of the process, Phönix is based on, which could be considered in the future of the project.
- Development of targets and criteria/indicators, in coordination with the contact partner of the probationary service
- Implementation of individual qualitative guided interviews with ten participants of Phönix (the individual interviews focused on the subjective experiences of participating in the clearing group, the transfer to appropriate intervention measures and the participation in those measures)
- Implementation of three group discussions with relevant stakeholders for Phönix (probationers, judges, lawyers and employees of the court assistance, the Informationszentrum für Männer and psychotherapeutic outpatient department for sexual and violence offenders)
- Content analysis of the interviews and group discussions
- Document analysis of available documents for participants of the individual interviews
Responsible | Dr. Marion Müller, Dipl.-Soz. Lisa Donath, Sebastian Kleele M.A.